Chúng tôi sưu tầm và giới thiệu các em tài liệu Đề thi đầu vào lớp 6 môn Tiếng Anh trường trung học cơ sở Chuyên Ngoại Ngữ Hà Nội năm 2020 có lời giải chi tiết đi kèm, từ hệ thống kho đề thi tuyển sinh vào lớp 6 trên cả nước. Nhằm giúp các em ôn tập, củng cố kiến thức và rèn luyện giải các dạng đề thi khác nhau để chuẩn bị tốt cho kì thi chuyển cấp quan trọng của các em học sinh lớp 5.
Part 1: Choose the correct word in the box and write them on the lines. You do not need to use all the words. There is one example:
Example: You use this to cover your body when you sleeping in cold weather. Blanket cultural confidence impress standard demonstrate select stranger appreciate offensive maintain
1. ___________: the feeling that you are sure about your own belief or abilities
2. ___________: connected with art, music, or literature
3. ___________: to enjoy or to understand the value of someone or something
4. ___________: to continue to have something; to keep something at the same level
5. ___________: unpleasant or insulting
6. ___________: a person you do not know
Part 2: Circle the letter A, B, C, or D to complete each of the following sentences.
1. Dave ________ a student with her work now.
A. helped B. help C. is helping D. helping
2. “What ________?” “I don’t know. Look it up.”
A. does this word mean B. means this word
C. does mean this word D. is meaning this word
3. I usually go home ________ the weekend.
A. in B. when C. at D. of
4. Don’t worry about the baby. I’ll look ________ her while you’re out.
A. for B. with C. to D. after
5. I’ll be ready in ________ minutes.
A. a lot B. a little C. much D. a few
6. I’m looking forward ________ you again soon.
A. to see B. seeing C. to seeing D. see
7. The telephone ________ by Bell in 1876.
A. has invented B. is invented
C. was invented D. invented
8. Wait here ________ I get back.
A. until B. before C. as soon as D. when
9. I’d like ________ glass of milk, please.
A. the B. a C. an D. x
10.Oxford is one of ________ oldest universities in Europe.
A. the B. x C. much D. more
Part 3: Complete the gaps in Pietro and Valerie conversation by using the phrases below. Write the correct letters in the spaces. There is an option that you do not need.
A. Oh yes, that's a good point.
B. I don't like them very much.
C. Yes they are, but maybe he won't need one because he'll have a teacher.
D. Would you like a dictionary or a textbook?
E. OK, then afterward we can decide which one he should buy.
F. That's right, and he's got £20 to spend, so he can't buy all these things, can he?
G. Yes, I think he should buy one of those, because it's very useful if you don't know what words mean
Valerie: So, our friend wants to learn a new language?
Pietro: (1) ................................................
Valerie: No, he can't. Let's start by talking about which of them will be useful.
Pietro: (2) ................................................
Valerie: OK. Shall we start with this one, the dictionary?
Pietro: (3) ................................................
Valerie: Yes, I agree, and it's also good for checking spelling. But what about a textbook? They're useful too.
Pietro: (4) ................................................
Valerie: Possibly, or he may get one free when he pays for the course.
Pietro: (5) ................................................
Valerie: Then what do you think about these books? "Learning Spanish, 1 and 2 for beginner"?
Pietro: (6) ................................................
Part 4: Read the passage and choose a word from the box. Write the correct word next to the number. There is one example.
My life (0) __changed__ after I had my first smartphone.
rises ash liquid
hole underground across
There are volcanoes all over the earth. They can be on land, (1) ___________, or under the sea. They can be dormant, which means they may erupt again, or they can be extinct, which means they will not erupt again. There are different types of volcanoes and some are more dangerous than others. Volcanoes become dangerous when they erupt.
Volcanoes erupt when red-hot rock, called magma, (2) ___________ from inside in the earth and comes out of a (3) ___________ in the ground. Some of it flies into the air, along with black (4) ___________. You can see this from many kilometers away. When the rock comes out of the hole, it is called lava, and it is so hot it is (5) ___________. It can move (6) ___________ the land. Lava can destroy trees, roads and homes.
Part 5: Read the text and answer the questions.
As computer technology has improved, today's online environments have become more complex and realistic. One website that has attracted over six million Internet users is Second Life.
Second Life is a three-dimensional (3-D) online world where people work, shop, sell and trade items, meet others, go to concerts, and much more. Users, who are called "residents," create their own characters, or "avatars." They use their avatars to explore Second Life's virtual world.
Just like any country, Second Life has its own economy. Using a credit card, users can buy "Linden Dollars," the official currency of Second Life. With Linden Dollars, they can buy land or even an entire island where they can build and decorate their own house, start a garden, or even set up their own store. Land is treated as a valuable commodity in Second Life. Residents can choose to rent or sell their land to other users, and they can earn real money from these transactions. Some users have reported making tens of thousands of dollars from selling Second Life real estate.
When residents want to be social (and most of them do) they can use their avatars to interact with others. There are games, shopping malls, clubs, and many kinds of stores available to residents. Avatars can also attend conferences, art shows, and concerts. Real rock bands such as the British pop group Duran Duran, have even given live concerts on Second Life. With so many opportunities for interesting things to do and see, it's easy to see why so many users spend so much time on the site.
Second Life offers users a quick and easy escape from the real world. Many residents see this as one of the main benefits of using the site. Spending time on Second Life allows them to escape the stresses and problems of their daily lives. If a user is having a stressful day at work, she can visit a beautiful island, go skiing, or even fly to another planet during her lunch break. If she is tired at the end of a long day, she can go to a classical music concert while dinner is cooking and never leave home. Users can even visit other planets to help them forget their "first-life" problems for a little while.
In addition to escaping the stress of their daily lives, users can also escape who they are in the real world and live out their fantasies. For example, residents can change their occupations, physical appearance, and even their nationalities. A doctor from the United States can be a Brazilian musician on Second Life, or a banker can choose to be an Olympic basketball player. Basically, Second Life lets users live in a world without limitations. This is very exciting to many people.
Although Second Life started as a way for people to escape the real world, it has become more and more like the real world in many ways. Now on Second Life, some countries have virtual embassies, businesses have meetings in virtual rooms, and universities have places where students can view the campus and take classes. Today, Second Life allows users to experience both fantasy and reality in the same place.
1. How can people make real money on Second Life?
2. What kinds of realistic places can residents visit?
3. What are some things users can do to escape their daily lives?
4. How has Second Life become more like the real world
5. How are universities using Second Life today?
6. What the residents in Second Life can change, besides how they look
Part 1: Finish the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first one, beginning with the given words.
1. Travelling by coach is cheaper than travelling by train.
It is more ______________________________ by coach.
2. Seats must be booked on the coach.
You must ___________________________________.
3. I prefer driving to travelling by coach.
I like driving ____________________________ by coach.
4. I find long car journeys boring.
I get _____________________________________ car journeys.
5. Being tired makes driving dangerous.
Tiredness makes it ________________________________.
6. It's too cold to go to the beach.
It isn't ______________________________________ to the beach.
Part 2: Imagine you are studying English at a language school in an English-speaking country.
Write an email about 100 words to a friend at home. Use the plan to help you.
Paragraph 1: Describe the place where you are studying and describe some of the other students.
Paragraph 2: Say which things are similar.
Paragraph 3: Say which things are different.
1. confidence 2. cultural 3. appreciate
4.maintain 5. offensive 6.stranger
1-C 2-A 3-C 4-D 5-D
6-C 7-C 8-A 9-B 10-A
(1) F (2) E (3) G
(4) C (5) A (6) B
(1) underground (2) rises (3) hole
(4) ash (5) liquid (6) across
1. People can make real money from selling Second Life real estate.
2. They can visit games, shopping malls, clubs, and many kinds of stores, they can also attend conferences, art shows, and concerts.
3. Users can visit a beautiful island, go skiing, or even fly to another planet, go to a classical music concert.
4. Some countries have virtual embassies, businesses have meetings in virtual rooms, and universities have places where students can view the campus and take classes.
5. They have places where students can view the campus and take classes.
6. They can change their occupations, physical appearance, and even their nationalities.
1. It is more expensive to travel by train than by coach.
2. You must book seats on the coach.
3. I like driving better than travelling by coach.
4. I get bored of long car journeys.
5. Tiredness makes it dangerous to drive.
6. It isn't hot enough to go to the beach.
Tham khảo thêm một số đề tiếng Anh thi vào lớp 6 khác:
Ngoài ra các em học sinh và thầy cô có thể tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu hữu ích hỗ trợ ôn luyện thi môn tiếng anh khác được cập nhật liên tục tại chuyên trang của chúng tôi.
►►CLICK NGAY vào nút TẢI VỀ dưới đây để tải về đề tuyển sinh lớp 6 môn tiếng anh trường THCS Chuyên Ngoại Ngữ Hà Nội năm 2020, hỗ trợ tải file Word, file pdf, giúp các em ôn luyện giải đề đạt hiệu quả nhất.